starting Fedora Server SIG

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 15:00:05 UTC 2008

>>  So
>> if its a problem where's the bug report, I don't currently see any
>> open bugs against ntop at all which means the problem has either been
>> fixed, or the maintainer isn't aware there's an issue. Having a quick
>> look at the ntop rpm it looks like its the graphviz bit the pulls in
>> all the gnome stuff, no doubt that can be split out into a sub
>> package, as could probably the mysql and perl dependencies.
>>

> Whats the issue with graphviz?

Nothing per say. Its the case of ntop's dependency on it for a base
leve firewall/router style device it pulls in essentially the whole of
gnome. A quick look at graphviz's list of deps it looks like it has
split up the dependencies quite a bit. See the complaint about ntop
and it pulling in metacity further up in the thread.

Peter