starting Fedora Server SIG

John Ellson john.ellson at comcast.net
Wed Nov 12 15:56:33 UTC 2008

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> JE> Whats the issue with graphviz?
>
> It pulls in a bunch of gnome, but for purely command-line usage it
> shouldn't even need X.

Thats two different things.

Graphviz doesn't use X now for basic command line usage, but its core
package includes
demand-loaded plugins  for X and gtk+.

I could pull those out, I suppose, but note that pango, cairo, gd,
librsvg2 all have X dependencies currently.

I'm guessing you will end up with X-client support on servers, in which
case perhaps I just need to
pull out the gtk+ bits.

I'll wait for this proposed SIG to propose guidelines before I start
splitting graphviz packages any further.

--
John Ellson