iproute - Error: an inet prefix is expected rather than "0/0"

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 16:19:13 UTC 2008

Hi,

I updated iproute (2.6.26) today (F8), and every time I restart my network,
I get:

Shutting down interface eth0:  Error: an inet prefix is expected rather than
"0/0".
Error: an inet prefix is expected rather than "0/0".
                                                           [  OK  ]
Shutting down loopback interface:  Error: an inet prefix is expected rather
than "0/0".
Error: an inet prefix is expected rather than "0/0".
                                                           [  OK  ]
Disabling IPv4 packet forwarding:  net.ipv4.ip_forward = 0
                                                           [  OK  ]
Bringing up loopback interface:                            [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface eth0:

According to this post, it seems to be fixed with
initscripts-8.80:

http://www.nabble.com/-Bug-42503--initscripts,-NEW:-Strange-error-messages-on-shutdown-td18824867.html

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.