Proposal: Rolling Release

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 18:00:22 UTC 2008

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 8:37 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It might if I knew when and how to use it.  Would that be obvious if some
>> 3rd party or local program(s) no longer worked some time after an update?
>
> How does anyone with a niche need know about the existence of any
> capability in our software collection that is not installed by
> default? That's a deep question. Far deeper than I think you are
> prepared to discuss.

That's the wrong question.  The real question is, what interface did you
just break in an update? You don't need to know anything about anyone
else's software.  You just need to provide working interfaces.  Or, when
you whimsically break them in updates, give a hint about how to get a
working version back.

--
    Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com