starting Fedora Server SIG

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 18:34:58 UTC 2008

Seth Vidal wrote:

>>> Alternatively... make it optional? Is LSB conformance required
>>> for a minimal install?
>>
>> IMHO LSB Core conformance should be required in minimal install
>>

> Why? LSB compliance should be an OPTION you can choose to have but it
> doesn't need to be there for a system work very well.

The LSB really has no value at all until you can assume that all systems
   comply.  So yes you can make it optional, but doing so makes it
useless baggage for everyone else too.

On the other hand, I'd really like to see a pre-install stage with the
absolute minimum required to reboot and tell yum to get the other things
you want.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com