Status of libtool 2.2.X?

Karsten Hopp karsten at redhat.com
Thu Nov 13 12:29:19 UTC 2008

Matthias Clasen schrieb:
 > On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 19:36 +0200, Karsten Hopp wrote:
 >
 >> Getting libtool-2.2 into F-11 is my plan, but I most likely need to get that through
 >> FESCo as it breaks up to 300 packages according to my mass rebuilds. I'm going to
 >> prepare a Wiki page with details about that.
 >
 > F11 is open for business now. I think it would be a good idea to get the
 > libtool2 conversion underway early in the cycle.
 >

 > Matthias

I'm going to build libtool-2.2.6a soon. As this will bump the soname of libltdl, the following
packages depending on that will need to be rebuilt:

autodir thias
ettercap limb
freeradius jdennis
gambas2 spot
gift rdieter
google-gadgets salimma
graphviz jima
guile mlichvar
gyachi sundaram
heartbeat kevin
ImageMagick nmurray
libcanberra lennart
libextractor ensc
libgphoto2 jnovy
libp11 mra
mapnik rezso
mysql-connector-odbc tgl
openct tmraz
openhpi sharkcz
openldap jsafrane
opensc tmraz
picviz theinric
pinball limb
player timn
plplot orion
pulseaudio lennart
rcssbase hedayat
sox jmoskovc

A copy of this mail goes to the maintainers of these packages.

    Karsten