starting Fedora Server SIG

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 19:32:05 UTC 2008

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Seth Vidal (skvidal at fedoraproject.org) said:
>> Curiously enough you could make a fedora spin repodata now with
>> mergerepo and then modifyrepo to add the spin-specific comps and
>> provider-selection metadata all pointing back to 'everything' for the
>> actual packages.
>
> Or (sick thought of the day) have a package that drops a unchanging
> repo definition, comps file, preferred app, metadata all on the local
> disk, to define defaults for that install.

I'm still conviced that what is needed is a simple way to export a
complete installed list from any working machine along with repo and
version information that the machine repeating the install can use or
ignore.  That way there is no guesswork in the installer and it works
the same for a spin providing some extra stuff in  an additional repo
and a local shop with local packages in a local repo.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com