starting Fedora Server SIG

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Nov 14 22:02:08 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 15:41 -0500, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Martin Langhoff
> <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Really?  Most of the work over the past couple of years in NM seems to
> >> be aimed at trying to support these cases as opposed to just the
> >> "simple" desktop case
> >
> > That's odd -- I've never seen any of it. Are there good examples of
> > how you configure a server to do special stuff with it? Or a
> > 'scripting network-manager' guide somewhere?
>
> A bit of reading of the NM website and published docs makes me think
> that Jeremy is probably overoptimistic about the applicability of NM
> to server roles, and any intentions of scriptability.

I was going to say "didn't this thread already cover that there's a need
for some people to help with documentation", but I think that was
actually on the other NM thread :)

So I'll instead just say "be cautious on believing too much of what's
documented; it's often a good way to mislead yourself about the state of
a project" :-)

Jeremy