sound skipping in F10

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Sat Nov 15 01:46:20 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 21:53 +0200, Muayyad AlSadi wrote:
> are you sure!! AFAIK modeset is about video not audio

I have had all sorts of problems with audio skipping while graphics are
happening going back to F9, and still happening in F10. Playing music in
rhythmbox is flawless. Until I end up on a web page with craptons of
animated ads. Or try and watch youtube videos. Skip studder skip.

After 11 years, VGA still kills:

http://alsa.linux.or.jp/misc/vgakills.txt

This is with a Radeon 9600XT with the Fedora r300 drivers. Although I
don't seem to have problems if I bypass pulseaudio...