F11 Proposal: Stabilization

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 19 21:45:03 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 15:35 -0500, Casey Dahlin wrote:
> James Antill wrote:
> >
> > 1. Too many people want to be consumers of the testing but not the
> > providers of it.
> >  Indeed IMO the whole updates-tested argument seems to devolve to "I'm
> > going to be clever and switch to this, but I'm pretty sure a bunch of
> > other people aren't going to know immediately and so will become my
> > unwilling testers".
> >
> One of Fedora's goals is to turn users into contributors. What better
> way to do that than to make every default-retaining user an unwitting
> brick in a colossal meat wall?

 If you want to ask Jesse to enable updates-testing by default, feel
free to do so. It's certainly better in many ways than creating an
updates-tested repo.

 However I think there is a big difference between wanting people to
opt-in to contributions and doing it for them.

--
James Antill <james at fedoraproject.org>
Fedora