RFC: fix summary text for lots of packages

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 14:53:28 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 02:33:27PM +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
>The guidelines also don't say if it should be Title Case or if the
>summary should include the application name. If we come to some
>guidelines (or working practices) on this email thread, I'll update the
>wiki page with more details.

So, while I think packaging guidelines are good to have, I don't think
everything needs to be codified there.  It just makes a reviewer's job
harder, and writing a guideline for this is going to be fairly tedious.

>It would also be a good idea to have a few "shining examples" for people
>to copy when creating new packages. When we've done that, I'll start
>filing bugs.

Just file bugs for packages you think are overly verbose.  Offer
alternate summaries in the bug, and a URL to your email for
rationale.

josh