RFC: fix summary text for lots of packages

Mamoru Tasaka mtasaka at ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Thu Nov 20 17:45:20 UTC 2008

Richard Hughes wrote, at 11/21/2008 02:29 AM +9:00:
> On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 14:33 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
>> The packaging guidelines have a single sentence on package summaries:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Summary_and_description
>>
>> "The summary should be a short and concise description of the package"
>
> I've attached a list of packages that are very long or have large number
> of words in the summary text.

Current rpmlint complains if %description has more than "79 characters".
i.e. The packages you listed as worst all meet rpmlint criterion.

If you have a reasonable reason you want to have these packages modified,
file against rpmlint first with showing good reason, otherwise your bug
reports will surely confuse many reviewers and maintainers.

Mamoru