requires(post) on coreutils

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Nov 20 18:27:22 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 12:25 -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> It's actually a pretty common phenomenon related to packagers thinking
> they're "always" there because they are except in the case of new
> installs.  coreutils is actually surprisingly late in install order and
> so there are pretty frequent packages which pop up expecting otherwise
> (and there always have been; I've been filing bugs about them for longer
> than I like to remember :-)

Fair enough.  I didn't see any such messages in my other installs, so
these packages are probably far enough off the radar that this isn't
typically seen.

Would this be something to check for during package review?  Init a
chroot @core <package> listed in the init call and see what errors pop
up?

--
Jesse Keating