RFC: fix summary text for lots of packages

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Thu Nov 20 20:25:37 UTC 2008

JB> So, while I think packaging guidelines are good to have, I don't
JB> think everything needs to be codified there.

Actually I have tried to get docs folks involved in working up some
reasonable tips and pointers for package summaries and descriptions.
So far, i haven't found interest.

I always check summaries and descriptions as part of my package
reviews, but I know that not everyone is a native speaker of English
and I wouldn't want to exclude them from the review process, so
perhaps some periodic review of these things would be useful.

 - J<