RFC: fix summary text for lots of packages

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Nov 21 16:49:56 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 05:43:50PM +0100, Andrea Musuruane wrote:

> Therefore, Summary is something that the packager should choose on his
> own. It must be less than 80 characters and _maybe_ it should not
> contain the package name. Everything else is just marketing. If

It should be legible, as short as possible while still being
informative. This is not only marketing. That being said I agree that
putting more in guideline is unuseful, trying to enhance summaries is
useful. Point is that a human should check that the sumary can indeed be
enhanced. And it should better be on review time.

--
Pat