starting Fedora Server SIG

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 00:21:32 UTC 2008

Till Maas wrote:
> On Fri November 21 2008, Les Mikesell wrote:
>
>> How do I enumerate the devices with ethtool?
>
> This may make eth0 blink, if it supports it:
>
> ethtool --identify eth0

That's handy if you happen to be within driving distance of the server,
but not what I meant.  I can run mii-tool with no arguements and it will
give me a list of the names the kernel chose for all of the NICs it
found and which ones have an active link.  Ethtool looks like it should
be a replacement for mii-tool, but doesn't provide quite the same
things.  Is there another device-identifier tool?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com