error compiling postgresql with fedora mingw

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Nov 26 11:03:31 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 04:36:16PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Jon Burgess <jburgess777 at googlemail.com> writes:
> > I forgot to mention that some of the Makefiles have hard coded
> > references to windres which need replacing
> > with /usr/bin/i686-pc-mingw32-windres
>
> Again, seems like tweaking the PATH should have taken care of that.
>
> I think that upstream would be willing to take any patches needed to
> make this work with just the PATH tweak.  I'm not in a position to
> test it myself though, so if you'd put together a tested patch I'd
> be much obliged.

Hmm .. Tweaking $PATH hasn't been necessary on any of the other 50+
libraries we've done.  The Makefiles should allow you to override key
programs by using ${WINDRES) instead of 'windres' (etc.)  In this case
there is no path that contains an executable called 'windres' anyway.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v