error compiling postgresql with fedora mingw

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Nov 26 14:42:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 09:14:55AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> writes:
>
> > That said, I also recommend against this habit - In case of properly
> > packaged autoconf/automake-based packages it definitely wrong.
>
> Seems like these choices are carefully calculated to cause the maximum
> amount of pain to *both* the upstream projects and the poor sods trying
> to build them.

I'm not sure if adding:

  WINDRES = windres

  ... $(WINDRES) ...

to a Makefile constitutes "maximum amount of pain", but in any case
we've successfully ported 50+ libraries to MinGW using similar
techniques, and without impacting upstream negatively.

http://hg.et.redhat.com/misc/fedora-mingw--devel?mf=ac270e95b1e4;path=/

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top