shortening time passed in bodhi?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Nov 26 15:04:40 UTC 2008

Hello,

Most of the time I push to stable when reminded by a mail (nice feature)
since nobody cares to give feedback on my updates and they are not
urgent. However recently I had an update I wanted to have in as soon as
possible since the app was broken without it. It took 8 days to have it
pushed, something like 2-3 days for the push to testing and the remaining
for the push and signing.

Could this be improved?

I guess that the signing server should help, but I don't think it could
remove all the delays.

What are the reasons for holding updates? Is there somebody actually
verifying that the package works, doesn't break the distro or the like?
What exactly do releng/QA people with updates, ie what checks?

Reason I can think of justifying holding the release would be issues that
can affect distro as a whole. Some of those issues should be
tracked automatically:
* nevr issue (leading to upgrade issues)
* missing dependencies (as BuildRequires or Requires) be it as a removed
  require that is needed by a package, or a new provide that is not
  provided by any package
* providing redundant Provides leading to the wrong package being used
  as provide

Are those issues actually checked today? Are there other issues that
releng/QA test/check?

--
Pat