New users confused about Spins' Names

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Nov 26 16:35:55 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 17:23 +0530, Kulbir Saini wrote:
>     Since the table has a description field for each spin, why not (at
> least) expand the acronyms so folks have a clue as to whether or not it
> might be useful? Even better, a link to a page describing the spin in
> more detail. If it's worth the time and effort to create, it should be
> worth the time it takes to write a paragraph describing it."

In my opinion, if the user is driven to the torrent page in the raw,
we've already lost.  Fedora is providing resources to compose and host
the spins, but in my opinion it is up to the SIG behind each spin to
take on the advertisement and driving of users to that particular spin.
They best know the content, the audience, etc.. and are best suited to
create page content and advertise it.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!