shortening time passed in bodhi?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Nov 26 16:40:09 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 16:04 +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> Most of the time I push to stable when reminded by a mail (nice feature)
> since nobody cares to give feedback on my updates and they are not
> urgent. However recently I had an update I wanted to have in as soon as
> possible since the app was broken without it. It took 8 days to have it
> pushed, something like 2-3 days for the push to testing and the remaining
> for the push and signing.
>
> Could this be improved?

Yes.  The compose process (particularly now that we're pushing out
updates for 8, 9, and 10) takes almost all of one work day, with only an
hour or two of prep time before the push, so at best you'll likely get
one per day.  I've been trying to do one at least every other day,
except for on weekends.  However the last couple pushes were spaced out
a bit, as we were trying to get bodhi ready for pushing F10 updates, and
then we didn't want to land a bunch more updates at the same time that
mirrors were trying to get the bitflip change to release F10.

We have a holiday week for a large number of US folks this week so the
updates pushes may get a bit delayed this week as well.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!