New users confused about Spins' Names

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Nov 26 17:00:27 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 11:46 -0500, Seth Vidal wrote:

> If I'm a user and I don't know where to go, the reality is, I go to
> google.
>
> type in 'fedora torrents' the first hit is torrent.fp.o - so that page
> needs to be relatively clear to users.
>
> Saying "We've already lost" doesn't help the reality at all, which is
> google directs. Let's work w/i the reality.

Glad we put so much effort into making get.fedoraproject.org so useful.

If people want better descriptions for the spins, the spin owners are
going to have to provide those as part of the feature process to become
a hosted spin for a release.  The amount of feedback and interaction
between spin owners and releng when composing the spins, and feedback
after spins went live for beta/preview/etc.. was appallingly
non-existent in most cases.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!