yum upgrade from F-9 to F-10

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Thu Nov 27 06:54:38 UTC 2008

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008, M A Young wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Nov 2008, Peter Robinson wrote:
>>  I've done a  yum upgrade to F-10 rawhide using the method below. All
>>  seemed
>>  to go OK but on reboot GDM doesn't work. The user list just lists "Other"
>>  and the shutdown and reboot buttons are in operable. Any one seen this,
>>  any
>>  idea?
>>  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq
>
> Clicking other should get you a login prompt. If that doesn't work either, do
> you have an intel graphics card? X is broken for some intel graphics cards in
> rawhide.

In F-9 -> F-10 upgrade, I got the following error, which I worked
around by removing pidgin.  Could someone add that to YumUpgradeFaq
under F-10 specifics?

pidgin-2.5.2-2.fc9.i386 from installed has depsolving problems
   --> Missing Dependency: libedataserver-1.2.so.9 is needed by package pidgin-2.5.2-2.fc9.i386 (installed)
Error: Missing Dependency: libedataserver-1.2.so.9 is needed by package pidgin-2.5.2-2.fc9.i386 (installed)

BTW: IMHO it's annoying that a login is needed for wiki edits.  A lot
of people might be interested in contributing like this but if they do
so only once a year or two, they don't want to mess with logins.