PulseAudio info needed

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 15:48:30 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 4:28 PM, Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/11/28, drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com>:
>
>> Per stream/app volume control, audio device hotplug, networked sound,
>>  combined output on multiple soundcards, moving streams between
>>  devices,....
>
> No need to repeat again and again those advertisments.
>
> And, again - that's not a majority of use cases. If someone would play
> in funny games with routing mediastreams back and forth, he should use
> its own distro, not a community's one.

For example device hotplug is something that people expect from a
modern operating system.

> BTW you should learn someting about those stable and mature
> soundservers before replying to me - networked sound and combined
> output were already implemented years ago.

they support a subset of what pa is doing besides they have a
different goal than pa (pa isn't "just another sound server")

btw you are trying to solve the problem in the wrong way:
"app A has bugs, don't ship it" vs "app A has bugs, find the causes
and fix them"