Multiple packages from one tarball and spec file

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 15:42:50 UTC 2008

My questions concerning projects which are from SVN and not tarballs
hasn't yet been answered. Some projects don't release tarballs or
haven't released recent ones (and may not). Are this acceptable in Fedora?

Additionally, I have several packages I am thinking of doing (some of
which I have spec files for already). However, I am displeased with a
few of them that come from one tarball. There are several options
(crm114, dspam, or mailing back-ends for example) for dovecot-antispam.
The problem is, you cannot build one module for dovecot that does them
all, so the module has to be rebuilt with slightly different options and
must conflict with all other dovecot-antispam RPMs. Is possible from one
spec file and tarball? This would require different setup, build,
install and package setups. This is because the same module would be
built for each area, need to be packaged, and then move onto the rest.

Thank you for any help on the first paragraph or the second.

Trever