Multiple packages from one tarball and spec file

Mat Booth fedora at matbooth.co.uk
Sat Nov 29 15:51:16 UTC 2008

2008/11/29 Trever L. Adams <trever.adams at gmail.com>:
> My questions concerning projects which are from SVN and not tarballs hasn't
> yet been answered. Some projects don't release tarballs or haven't released
> recent ones (and may not). Are this acceptable in Fedora?

Yes. There are plenty of packages in Fedora built straight from source control.

(My package eclipse-epic does this, for example:
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/eclipse-epic/  Take a look
around Fedora's CVS for more examples.)

I believe Jaroslav Reznik implied this was the case by linking to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/SourceURL#Using_Revision_Control

--
Mat Booth
www.matbooth.co.uk