Dia has .la files

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Nov 1 00:35:37 UTC 2008

Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> OK, now convince the libtool developers to break everyone's `make
>> distcheck'.
>
> Or alternatively convince the automake people that it shouldn't be in
> the business of software lifecycle management (make uninstall) any
> more than people should be coding/overriding build systems (make;make
> install) inside RPM spec files.

...and once you've done that, you can convince them that building
rpm/apt/whatever on, say, AIX, should be a prerequisite before building
grep/make/etc? Wait... somehow I'm not too sure that will work well.

+1 to fixing it for systems with sane package managers. -1 to removing
functionality that may be wanted on more exotic systems.

--
Matthew
Will your shell have salvation? Only if it's Bourne Again.