rawhide / 10 beta suspend resume problem (ATI Radeon M300)

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Nov 1 15:55:39 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 10:02:11 +0000,
  Camilo Mesias <camilo at mesias.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've seen on-list reports of changes in the kernel and ati driver
> (mode switching etc) and assumed they were trying to address the
> suspend issues. Is there a bug for this or some other forum of
> discussion. I'm still seeing failure to resume with a characteristic
> blinking blue and yellow barcode type pattern (and a solitary beep) on
> resume. The system locks up completely afterwards.

Based on the comments I have seen for the updates, David has been mostly trying
to get the modesetting working without display glitches before the release so
the feature doesn't have to be disabled. That might have been fixed yesterday
though.

I don't do suspend / resume, so haven't been looking for those bugs. It
would probably be a good idea to see if there is such a bug and create one
if there isn't.