Who moved my bug?

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 17:25:54 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Jon Stanley <jonstanley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 11:18 AM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
> <dominik at greysector.net> wrote:
>
>> And the current policy is in effect since when, exactly? Is it documented?
>> Was it announced? I don't seem to recall anyone telling me to use ASSIGNED
>> if I haven't even started working on a bug.

(oh, what the heck)

Dominik,

I'd have to agree, I'm just as puzzled by this one as you.  From my
point of view, re-defining the ASSIGNED state to mean CONFIRMED (and
taking the well defined ASSIGNED state away from developers) is
nothing short of new-speak, and, in my opinion, more likely to confuse
everyone; especially anyone familiar with bugzilla from other
projects, or even familiar with this same bugzilla but from the Red
Hat prospective (or perhaps that also changed while I wasn't looking
:-).

Looking at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/docs/en/html/lifecycle.html as
best I can tell the bugzilla-way is to just start things out in the
UNCONFIRMED state instead (it's a shame the state wasn't called
CONFIRMED, but what ever).

however, I guess all this was considered; learn something every day :-)

Andrew