End of bind-chroot-admin script

Adam Tkac atkac at redhat.com
Mon Nov 10 12:34:23 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 08, 2008 at 02:36:38PM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 6:52 PM, Paul Wouters <paul at xelerance.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'd rather see something replace it.
>
> SELinux obsoletes this use of chroot for security.  Every daemon
> doesn't need to grow its own private copy of the OS infrastructure.

Chroot is good and traditional method how restrict daemons. Many users
still use it and it is far more easy create chroot configuration than
create/maintain SELinux policy. I don't think SELinux obsoletes
chroot, both try restrict daemon privileges and both have + and -.

Adam

--
Adam Tkac, Red Hat, Inc.