Proposal: Rolling Release

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Nov 11 16:48:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 10:39 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Would you rather just pretend fedora is perfect, supplies everything
> all
> users will ever need, and never ships a package with bugs that needs
> be backed out?  Or that no other approaches to these problems can be
> better?

Les,

I hate to bring logic to a troll fight, but lets try to be objective
here.

If the problem is truly:

* Fedora does not provide non-free, legally encumbered applications out
of the box

Then, there is nothing that we can do to resolve this which does not:

* Compromise Fedora's position on only including Free Software
* Break US law (and yes, this includes not committing contributory
infringement)

These are the facts. Now, if you think you have a constructive
suggestion on how to solve the problem I stated above which doesn't
compromise Fedora's Free Software only position or break US law, speak
now. Otherwise, please drop this point.

~spot