starting Fedora Server SIG

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Nov 12 20:11:06 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 14:07 -0600, Chris Adams wrote:
> It looks like the dep chain to the X libraries is:
>
> cairo requires libX11.so.6
> plymouth-plugin-label requires libcairo.so.2
> plymouth-plugin-solar requires plymouth-plugin-label
> plymouth requires system-plymouth-plugin (provided by
> plymouth-plugin-solar)
> mkinitrd requires plymouth
>
> If I explicitly add "plymouth-text-and-details-only" to my install, it
> satisfies the system-plymouth-plugin dependency, and I don't get
> libX11
> and such.
>
> Maybe plymouth-text-and-details-only should be in @core and
> plymouth-plugin-solar in @base?

This confirms my assumption.  It's not a hard requirement, it's just a
guess the system is making when not provided any other details (such
that you'd prefer to have the text plugin to plymouth).

As to how to sort that out in the groups....

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://jkeating.livejournal.com)
Fedora Project          (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)