db-compat

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Thu Nov 13 18:18:33 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 15:23 +0200, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> > Bad service from ISVs that do proprietary software, nothing less.
> >
> That is correct. Try convincing the hardware industry to not use the
> tools from the above vendors, in the context where there are only 3
> major players and 2 of them have their own agenda.

Yeah. I'd love to use a Free (or even a free) software place and route
or synthesis tool for VHDL, but the reality is that these companies
still believe that making information available to do that will
materially hurt them. So, like you, I'm forced to rely upon an abstract
notion of "userspace compatibility". Crazy idea, I know :)

Jon.