starting Fedora Server SIG

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 14 17:32:47 UTC 2008

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> But trying to preserve that modularity combinatorially adds to the
> testing matrix and also makes it significantly more difficult to write
> code since you can no longer depend on functionality.  It also makes
> things slower as you have to conditionally check for things constantly.

I don't disagree, but it is a lot better to acknowledge this situation
than it is to simply attribute some kind of neo-luddite perspective to
those suggesting we do anything else.

I'm not saying we keep everything forever, I am saying we might consider
thinking a bit more before deciding to implement a brand new system
as solution to an existing problem.

-sv