F11 Proposal: Stabilization

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 22:30:12 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 1:16 PM, Jon Masters <jonathan at jonmasters.org> wrote:
> I disagree. Various other communities (and distributions) have made a
> point out of "stable" releases where the "big ticket" feature is
> stabilization, so I think it would be a win to consider that. It's
> harder to recommend Fedora to friends when they see stuff break.

I'm not hearing any concrete action items on how you think we could do
better inside of our process.  I gave you a hint as to where you could
be focusing your effort to drive improvment.

-jef"really wants to drill down into the unspoken assumption that
underlines the line of reasoning expressed here. Just because someone
says they make stability a high priority does not mean they are doing
better at it.  But that is for another time, after I've had a chance
to deep dive into bug data from which rationale conclusions can be
drawn."spaleta