F11 Proposal: Stabilization

Dave Airlie airlied at redhat.com
Tue Nov 18 06:10:21 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 16:35 -0500, Jon Masters wrote:
> Yo,
>
> Can I make a proposal for a major theme for an upcoming Fedora (whether
> F11 or F12): Stabilization.
>
> Rather than the latest bells and whistles, I would personally much
> prefer that stuff that used to work didn't break randomly, and that
> stable Fedora updates wouldn't result in me wondering whether suspend,
> graphics, SELinux, or some other feature that was working was going to
> break today. This isn't actually a rant, more pointing out a necessity.

really short of everyone stopping developing, moving to QA, and only
fixing bugs from QA, I think its not going to be something we can really
do.

All programmers believe their new code is stabler and better than their
old code, even when they know it isn't. They are interested in fixing
bug in the new code, not in the old code, etc...

So really unless we block all the features for F11 and focus on fixing
just QA bugs, I'm not sure what else we can do.

Dave.