F11 Proposal: Stabilization

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Nov 19 15:14:58 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 10:03 +0200, shmuel siegel wrote:
> I am not sure that you are right. The audience for updates tested might
> very well be bigger than the one for updates testing. For example, I
> always started using rawhide at test2, never at test1. Test1 was viewed
> as pre-alpha and just too raw for someone who wanted a system that
> basically worked but had some bugs.

I think you just described the problem again.  The audience for "updates
tested" is going to be far larger than the audience for 'updates' or
'updates-testing', meaning that stuff isn't /really/ going to be tested
until it gets to that 'updates-tested' set of folks, which kind of
defeats the purpose.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!