My roadmap for a better Fedora

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 22:31:06 UTC 2008

Chris Lumens wrote:
> I'd like to add a step (0) before we make bugs easier to file and really
> crank up the number of reports we're getting:
>
> (0) More people FIXING the bug, not just reporting them.  You can have a
> giant user base of people filing tons of bugs, and you can have a
> motivated and effective QA/Triaging team whittling them down to the
> really important and reproducable bugs.  But without more people fixing
> them, the backlog is just going to continue to build.

Except for fedora-specific quirks, fixing should be an upstream issue.
What a distribution needs to know is whether upstream had a bad day or
not before pushing some drek to unsuspecting users.  If you had
sufficient testing before release, or a place for user testing/reporting
before full release that can expose the fact that a particular update is
not ready for prime time just don't do that update.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com