RFC: fix summary text for lots of packages

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 16:38:13 UTC 2008

Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 08:17 -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>> The summary is used by many GUI tools.  Our main supported GUI tool
>> makes the summary more prominent than the package name because it is
>> often a better description for the end user to make a decision about
>> installing.  To make the user's experience better here, we try to have
>> short, succinct summaries that don't repeat information in the name.
>
> Works for me.

Okay.  Please fill in other examples so packagers and reviewers can get
a feel for what to cut and when it's good to depart from the general
rules and put it on the wiki under PackagingDrafts.  Then add it to the
list of things for the Packaging Committee to discuss.

We can link it from this portion of the full Guidelines:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Summary_and_description

-Toshio