What do we need from Bugzilla? (was: My roadmap for a better Fedora)

Emmanuel Seyman emmanuel.seyman at club-internet.fr
Fri Nov 21 19:18:21 UTC 2008

* Arthur Pemberton [21/11/2008 17:02] :

> Wait, there is already an XML-RPC extension?

The XML-RPC work first appeared in Bugzilla 3.0:
http://www.bugzilla.org/releases/3.0/release-notes.html#v30_feat_xml

Bugzilla 3.2 final should be released at the end of the month and
extends the existing code considerably.

We'll give credit to everyone involved at release time but I want to
point that Red Hat's Bugzilla team contributed heavily to Bugzilla's
XML-RPC codebase, submitting their modifications back to upstream,
helping with QA, ...

>                                              My (possible) time may be
> better spent building a UI then?

Probably.
We'ld like to have more users of the Bugzilla XML-RPC methods, so that
we can extend the code in ways the users wish them.
Please don't hesitate to join us on irc or our mailing lists if you need
help building on Bugzilla or if you want to talk about it.

Emmanuel