"nousb" poll

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Sat Nov 22 17:35:52 UTC 2008

Hi, Everyone:

Kernel upstream again had some build issues related to the "nousb"
parameter (it's being switched to core_param() API now). This got me
wondering if it's still useful now that we have kernels unified for
installation and normal work. It was introduced initially to work
around the issues with the crippled i386 kernel. So, the question:
does anyone still use "nousb"? If yes, please let me know. Maybe
I can just fix something in ACPI table parsing for you. My goal is
to drop "nousb" in Fedora 11.

Yours,
-- Pete