RFC: fix summary text for lots of packages

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sat Nov 22 19:49:15 UTC 2008

Le samedi 22 novembre 2008 à 19:33 +0100, Emmanuel Seyman a écrit :
> * Richard Hughes [22/11/2008 15:38] :
> >
> > On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 20:49 +0100, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> >
> > > Out of curiosity, how much is "Many"?
> >
> > At the moment, one.
>
> FWIW, I don't appreciate our maintainers being lied to. The vast
> majority of them work hard to make their packages and I believe that a
> minimum of respect should be shown.

I believe this is a case of either creating and animating a SIG that
performs *sustained* *human* review of packages summaries and
descriptions, or convincing FPC and FESCO to approve a one-shot action.

There are lots of stuff that could be improved in packages matadata,
(like killing the funny camelcase names), and others did go the hard FPC
route before firing XXX mails.

FPC is also there to moderate the PHB impulses in us.

--
Nicolas Mailhot