Flash trouble on F10 / VESA

Mikko Huhtala mhuhtala at abo.fi
Tue Nov 25 19:10:39 UTC 2008

> Have you tried the instructions on this wiki page?
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flash
>
> I would suggest that if that page doesn't solve your problems, you
> should try posting to our specific user assistance list for best
> results:

I can install both flash-plugin and gnash-plugin and get them to
appear in about:plugins with no problems. It seems to me that both
somehow interact poorly with the Savage driver, because either works
on other machines that have other graphics hardware/driver, that's
all. Playing video with mplayer works on the Savage-equipped laptop,
so the problem is not triggered by video outside the browser. I'll try
a couple of things still and then submit a bug report if I can't get
it to work.

Mikko