Fedora Release Engineering Meeting Recap 2008-11-24

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Nov 25 20:17:38 UTC 2008

Recap and full IRC transcript found here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2008-nov-24

Please make corrections and clarifications to the wiki page.

== Fedora 10 ==
* In good shape for release of Fedora 10 tomorrow
* Fedora 10 zero day updates are ready to go
* f13: one thing I was toying with is when we branch and freeze, making
the development/ path continue on with say F12 content, and start
publishing the F11 content to releases/11/Everything/

== Fedora 11 Schedule ==
* need to make sure F12 branching is visible
* finding ways to reduce package churn
* QA team monitoring status of features during release
* proposal at
http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-11/f-11-standard.html
* poelcat to make adjustments to proposed schedule and republish
*# move alpha freeze forward one week
*# move alpha release forward one week
*# remove critical package freeze from schedule
*# offset feature freeze and beta freeze by one week
* vote on schedule to present to FESCo next week

== IRC Transcript ==