error compiling postgresql with fedora mingw

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Tue Nov 25 21:36:16 UTC 2008

Jon Burgess <jburgess777 at googlemail.com> writes:
>> That makes sense.  Could you have simplified matters by just prepending
>> /usr/i686-pc-mingw32/bin to your PATH?

> That seems to work OK but you still need the
> DLLTOOL=/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/bin/dlltool

Hmm ... I see a "dlltool" that should probably be "$(DLLTOOL)" in
src/pl/plpython/Makefile ... are there other omissions?

> I forgot to mention that some of the Makefiles have hard coded
> references to windres which need replacing
> with /usr/bin/i686-pc-mingw32-windres

Again, seems like tweaking the PATH should have taken care of that.

I think that upstream would be willing to take any patches needed to
make this work with just the PATH tweak.  I'm not in a position to
test it myself though, so if you'd put together a tested patch I'd
be much obliged.

>> UNICODE_STRING?  I don't see anything like that in the Postgres sources.

> The problem looked like it was in the MinGW header files. Some PG code
> was pulling in sspi.h which includes the line:

> typedef UNICODE_STRING SECURITY_STRING, *PSECURITY_STRING;

> I tweked a few things to #include <ntdef.h> which fixed it but I'm not
> sure this is the right fix.

Hmm, that sounds familiar all of a sudden.  [ digs in archives... ]
Is this proposed patch addressing the same thing?

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-11/msg00367.php

It hasn't gotten applied, probably because no one else confirmed it
was needed, but if you can confirm it ...

			regards, tom lane