shortening time passed in bodhi?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Nov 26 21:32:15 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 11:32:02AM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > be checked manually.
>
> er, this time period is I do believe less than a second, and it's done
> automatically by bodhi when you make the request.  It just fails the
> request if the tag isn't correct.

Ok.

> The pending state is there because people often work on an update
> request at multiple times, and want to be able to add to it and adjust
> it before doing the final push request,

Who want that? In any case it should be optional. My update waited in
pending state for 2 days. These are 2 days wasted.

> and also from a app code point
> of view I think the update object has to have one form of existence
> outside of either push requested or pushed.

But it could be instantaneous.

> So again, I think we're misunderstanding each other.  What problem are
> you trying to solve?

When I ask for pushing to testing (or directly to stable), it should land
into testing or stable as soon as possible without ever being pending.

Or maybe I misunderstood something, and the pending state is there until
compose was finished?

--
Pat