Feature proposal: Community Translation Tool

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 00:13:48 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 12:55:04AM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Christoph Höger wrote:
> > I would like to make that process automagic by providing
> > a) a simple app that allows users to make a "one string" contribution
> > b) write a backend, that would store all proposals and update all .po
> > files fedora has on a regular basis and send the generated patches
> > upstream or to a fedora translator.
>
> Isn't that what Transifex is about?

Transifex is indeed all about making translations easier to
contribute.  It also has a command-line client and libraries under
development, so it would be completely plausible for someone to write
a "l10n-buddy" that could be pointed at a GUI to enable one-off
translations, and have them transmitted to transifex for filing in the
upstream repository.

Christoph, you should absolutely get in touch with the Transifex
developers for more information and to volunteer to help with this
piece.  cc'ing Dimitris for good measure.