F10 beta: live img boot vs installed boot

Denis Leroy denis at poolshark.org
Wed Oct 1 20:42:08 UTC 2008

Deependra Singh Shekhawat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you see /var/log/boot.log somehow ?
>
> Probably /var/log/boot.log and /var/log/messages will have more info.
>
> I don't see any plymouth loading for me too either but it boots just
> fine. I somehow managed to install nvidia driver too but still no
> graphical boot. :)

My problem was a race condition in the initialization of the usb-storage
module in the initrd image. After initrd loads usb-storage, it doesn't
way enough for the usb disk to actuall appear, then root mount fails and
everything dies horribly. Did anyone have success installing F10 beta
onto a USB stick or external enclosure ?