rawhide report: 20081006 changes

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 17:10:01 UTC 2008

On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 09:20:41 -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:

> This seems to be from a bug we've been chasing in createrepo for a
> while, at least in the way that we use it to make rawhide.
>
> Error Packages/perl-Locale-Maketext-Fuzzy-0.10-2.fc9.noarch.rpm: No
> Package ID found for package
> perl-Locale-Maketext-Fuzzy-0.10-2.fc9.noarch, not going to add it
> Error Packages/lohit-fonts-tamil-2.3.1-1.fc10.noarch.rpm: No Package ID found for package lohit-fonts-tamil-2.3.1-1.fc10.noarch, not going to add it
> Error Packages/python-decoratortools-1.7-1.fc9.noarch.rpm: No Package ID found for package python-decoratortools-1.7-1.fc9.noarch, not going to add it
>
> Those are the error messages we get from createrepo, so those packages
> just don't make it into the repodata, which trips the spam-o-matic
> script.  The problem is that it's not easily reproducible, it's not
> always the same packages, and it doesn't always happen.

Hmmm, an error message should be very good for somebody who is familiar
with the createrepo/Yum code:

         if po.checksum in (None, ""):
            raise MDError, "No Package ID found for package %s, not going to add it" % po

I wanted to have a brief look at where that checksum value comes from
(here with F9), but the Yum package objects use self._checksum
instead. That's weird and doesn't make sense to me yet.