SELinux - copying ISO file content

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Tue Oct 7 13:42:25 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 15:17 -0500, Jerry Vonau wrote:
> Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> > Jon Masters wrote:

> I've seen this...

Indeed. I have too, one too many times.

> SELinux is preventing cp from creating a file with a context of
> iso9660_t on a
> filesystem.

Ah yes, I probably used the standard "cp -ax blah /blah" command. I
guess I'll need to learn not to use such standard commands in future and
adapt everything around SELinux. Because that's very non-obtrusive, and
won't cause regular users any anguish at all.

Jon.